The reconstituted Board of the Nation’s No1 Builder, State Housing Company Limited, has been sworn into office.
Leading the nine – member Board to swear oaths of office and secrecy, the Minister of Works & Housing, Hon. Francis Asenso Boakye, MP, charged the members to give “true meaning to affordable housing in Ghana since the ongoing projects by SHC are not affordable to the average salary worker”
The Minister who is also the Member of Parliament for Bantama after leading the members to swear the oaths, entreated them to respect the different roles played by the Board and Management in every institution.
“A board is not Management and so members should not engage themselves in daily operations of the company.”
“The President wants you to guide Management to provide more mortgage Housing to Ghanaians. That should be your focus”.
In a brief acceptance speech, the new Board Chair, Oheneba Owusu Afriyie IV thanked President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo for the confidence reposed in the team and promised to “assist and guide Management to deliver affordable housing”.
The members of the new Board are:
1. Oheneba Owusu Afriyie IV, Chairperson
2. Mr. Kwabena Ampofo Appiah MD, Member
3. Madam Ofosua Amagyei, Member
4. Honorable Sheila Bartels, Member
5. King Prof. Odaifio Welentsi III, Member
6. Surveyor Dr. Theresa Tuffour, Member
7. Mr. Tweneboa Kodua Fokuo, Member
8. Dr. Maame Adwoa A. Gyekye-Andoh, Member
9. Mr. Earl Ofori-Atta, Member